Re: dual boot debian on a 6100/60 mac

On Mon, Oct 28, 2002 at 09:20:21PM -0800, ben wrote:
> yo list,
>
> i've got 48 hours to mess with someone else's 6100/60 mac box and need to
> know if debian can be dual-booted on that arch, running mac os8.1. i've only
> used dual-boots on pc's up to now. 4 hours of googling isn't getting me the
> answers i need. i don't have the system disks for the mac os, so i need to do
> it right, or not, at all. all hints and clues greatly appreciated.
>
> ben

The short answer is NO. As far as I know, only micro-kernel Linux
(http://www.mklinux.org) works on 6/7/8100 series of Power Macs which
have NuBus instead of a PCI bus. PPC Linux requires PCI bus. I used
MkLinux about 5 years ago on a 8100 class PowerMac, but now I believe
MkLinux is practically dead.

regards,
--

Amal Phadke