Re: Maximum partition size

On Tue, Oct 29, 2002 at 12:01:28AM -0500, Levi Waldron wrote:
> Colin Watson wrote:
> > In future please use something like install-doc for these. I'll reassign
> > this one.
>
> Sorry about that, and thanks for the advice.  I just used "reportbug" and
> didn't see an appropriate choice given.  I don't see install-doc under
> www.debian.org/Bugs/pseudo-packages either.

install-doc is a real package, actually:

 Contains documentation for the Debian installation system for this
 architecture.  Files are provided in HTML, ASCII, and PDF format in
 /usr/share/doc/install-doc.  A number of different languages are
 provided.
 .
 The full set of this this information may be found in
   <URL:http://www.debian.org/releases/>

> In this case is there somewhere else I should look, or ask
> debian-user, or make up an appropriate sounding category?

Don't make up package names, if you would - they end up in my mailbox if
you do that. :) Filing bugs against general is preferable to that.

The boot-floppies package, mentioned in reportbug's output as "Bugs in
the installation subsystem", is good enough for this too - it goes to
the same people. Or indeed, check with -user if you're lost. I wouldn't
want to discourage you from filing bugs even if you can't find an
appropriate package name; if all else fails somebody will reassign
'general' bugs to the right place eventually.

Cheers,