Re: Poolng/redundancy in apt's sources.list?

This one time, at band camp, Barney Wrightson said:

> Joe Emenaker wrote:
> <snip>
> >What I'd *love* is if there was some way to group a bunch of "deb ..."
> >entries in sources.list together in a group that indicated "These are
> >all redundant. If just ONE of these can be reached, that's good enough".
> >
> >Does apt support this kind of thing yet?
> >
> >- Joe

I think most of the country code named sites (ftp.us.d.o, http.us.d.o,
etc.) are actually round-robin DNS setups, so the load is fairly
distributed already.  Occasionally I get an out of sync mirror, but
reupdating gets me another mirror, and the second one usually works just
fine.

HTH,
Steve

--
Linux!  Guerrilla UNIX Development     Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus.
	-- Mark A. Horton KA4YBR, mah@ka4ybr.com