Re: strange behaviour ripping an audio cd on a dvd drive

Mark,

thanks for your response.

On Mon, 28 Oct 2002, Mark L. Kahnt wrote:

> Is this your only CD-ROM type drive, or do you also have a CD-RW? I know
> that I have terrible trouble coercing grip to acknowledge the existence
> of more than one drive, and unfortunately it keeps reconnecting to my
> old, very early ATAPI 6x drive that I pirated from my old system (it was
> either it or the 4x), which it turns out pre-dates CD-DA and hence can't
> be used to rip CDs (unless I use CDFS, which apparently does the CD-DA
> function on its own.)

It is my only CD-ROM type drive.  It is an ASUS 16 Xmas drive.  It is
able to read CD-RWs under Linux (the only OS I run on this box,-), but
it is no writer -- at least the seller sold it like that.

However, I have to mount it from /dev/hdd...

Since I really like grip, I would like to make use of this software on
my new box as well.

Thanks in advance for any further help,
--
Lukas Ruf