Re: Xnest and fonts

On Fri, Oct 25, 2002 at 09:25:05AM +0100, Rupert wrote......

> On Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:49:07 -0400
> Kevin Coyner <kevin@rustybear.com> wrote:
>

> > But in trying Xnest, I ran into a problem ... as per the man, I tried
> > the simple startup command of 'Xnest :1'.  It does bring up a next, but
> > I can't do anything with it.  No clicks and no buttons work.
> >

> You need to run something to respond to your clicking, like a window
> manager. Try this:
>
>   Xnest :1&
>   DISPLAY=:1 ion&

Hmmm ... this still isn't working for me.  I tried:

	Xnest :1&
	ion -display :1&

and while I get the Xnest, I don't get the xterm to show up within the
Xnest.  The err msg is ...

sakura:~$ ion -display :1&
[2] 14609
sakura:~$ AUDIT: Fri Oct 25 06:50:55 2002: 14577 Xnest: client 1
rejected from local host
Xlib: Client is not authorized to connect to Server
ion: Could not connect to X display ':1'

Note that before doing this, I went into /etc/X11/xinit/xinit/xserverrc
and Xservers to comment out -nolisten tcp (per a posting by Nate on Oct
12 in this group).  And finally, I also did 'host +localhost' as well.

Yet still get those err msgs about being refused and rejected.
Aarrgghh, I feel like I'm back in high school!

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Kevin

--

Kevin Coyner