Re: mail server of a sorts

On Tue, Oct 15, 2002 at 12:48:41PM -0400, Kevin Coyner wrote:

> I'm guessing that I'll need to run either a POP3 or IMAP server on Box
> 001 in order for the 3 clients - ward, wally and beaver - to be able to
> retrieve their mail.  Is this correct?  And if so, could you please
> recommend a good yet lightweight mail client, as Box 001 only has about
> 1 gig of free space (it's an old Sparc with small hard drives).

This would be nice for the users on those boxes, but it there any way
that you can have the machines SSH or telnet (SSH preferred) in to get
their mail?  If you're short on space, and don't have much room to cram
software on it, this might be the only choice.  Having said that, I
would I install an IMAP server because two of your clients are Windows
machines, plus it should be (from what I understand, I run POP servers)
less of an administrative hassle.

Happy to help,

Edward Guldemond

Key fingerprint:  29FF 2969 A04E F934 3F03
                  4329 BC56 3AA7 2F57 6735