Re: gdm - adding windowmanagers

On Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:43:19 +0200 Kenneth Macdonald Karlsen
<ken@fiona-victor.com> wrote:

> I just cant figure how i add different windowmanagers to gdm.
> Its a real pain for me.
> With som hacking i managed to add enlightenment to the list of available
> windowmanagers.

I don't know about GDM specifically, but WDM on the other hand does this
automatically for you according to what is registed via
update-alternatives, which is done automatically by most/all window
manager packages in Debian.  So, unless there's something special you need
from GDM, you might want to look into WDM, it has all the features I've
needed.  I've used this auto-updating of the Window Manager listing to
register UT2003 as a window manager and thus be able to run the game
directly from login without an Window Manager over head.

--
Jamin W. Collins