Re: using exim for simple mail delivery

On Mon, Oct 14, 2002 at 01:50:17PM +0100, Pat Colbeck wrote:
> "|IFS=' ' && exec /usr/bin/procmail || exit 75 #fredsmith"

Good to do it explicitly, but Exim will automatically deliver using
procmail if you have a ~/.procmailrc

> :0
> * ^TO_.*debian-user@lists.debian.org
> debian-user/

I think it's generally accepted to be better to filter on the
lists/debian/debian-user/

> lists debian-user debian-laptop wm-user
> subscribe debian-user debian-laptop wm-user

I'm fairly sure these only need to be listed once, in the subscribe
line.

> That should get you going. Check the procmail and fetchmail man pages or
> websites for the permisions that need to be used on their rc files. I
> can never remebere them off hand.

A very nice little quickstart guide there Pat, I wish I'd had that when
I started with Debian back in the day...

-rob