Re: Knoppix & DemoLinux

Andy Saxena, 2002-Oct-14 21:58 -0400:
> On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 05:45:08PM -0400, Andy Saxena wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to promote Linux at the office. I handed out a few DemoLinux
> > CDs for my co-workers to use. Could somebody draw a comparison between
> > DemoLinux & Knoppix?
> >
> > Thank you.
> > Andy
> >

> To answer my own question Knoppix has more of the latest software. Other
> than that I don't know too much at the moment.
>
> -Andy

Hey Andy,

I like Knoppix best for promotion because it has more recent versions
of software, a huge amount of applications, and won't change anything
on the host system.  I also use it as a rescue and recovery system
since it has a lot of tools and will run inspite of how botched a
system might be.  DemoLinux is really good too, and allows you to do
somewhat of an install, using a small amount of disk space for config
file storage.  I haven't used DemoLinux much since I discovered
Knoppix.  I roam to different offices and can sometimes find a windows
PC in a cube I'm borrowing.  I get permission to reboot that system
and boot it to Knoppix and use it for awhile.  That's pretty nice.

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User