Re: ftp from windows box

On Mon, 14 Oct 2002 18:33:55 +0200
martin f krafft <madduck@debian.org> wrote:

> also sprach Richard Kimber <rkimber@ntlworld.com> [2002.10.14.1723
> +0200]:
> > I'm logging in as a recognised user with password, and the connection
> > is made OK.  The permissions are drwxr-xr-x.
>
> What client and what server are you using? And are you trying passive
> and active mode to see if either works?

I used FileZilla as the client and in.ftpd -D on the Debian box.  I don't
think the latter can do anything other than passive mode, since the manual
has a -p entry that is supposed to disable passive mode, but is not
recognised when you actually try to use it.  But the actual file transfer
works OK, it's just that I can't see the remote directory.  Maybe it's a
client issue.  I've put in an item on the sf support page.

- Richard.