Re: mixed to stable

On Fri, Oct 11, 2002 at 10:37:31AM -0400, Sven Heinicke wrote:

> I have stable system where I followed the APT-HOWTO on installing stuff
> from unstable.  That is all well and done now and I want to make my
> system all stable again.  I don't remember all the packages I installed
>   from other versions and I don't care.  I want back to all stable.

Uh, why?  If it works, leave it; downgrading packages is a huge
hassle....

If you really, really do want to see which packages came from unstable,
then remove the unstable lines from sources.list, run apt-get update,
then have a look in dselect or aptitude for the packages listed as
obsolete.  Obsolete means that apt can't find them anywhere listed in
sources.list, so they probably came from unstable.  If you're using
aptitude you can just select a different version and then tell it to
install for you.

-rob