signed emails (like this one ;p)

Hiya all..

I'm using Evolution 1.0.8 on sid and have a problem dealing with signed
messages..  I had this all working a while back with no problems and as
far as I can tell, it's set up the same way (generated a key with gpg
--gen-key and told Evolution to use it).

It seems to be signing messsages correctly, but when I try to view the
signature on anyone's messages, I get an error "public key not found".
The error is slightly different when I try it on my own messages, here
is what it says:

for other people's signatures:

gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.0.6 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: armor header: Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
gpg: Signature made Mon Oct  7 09:24:40 2002 CDT using DSA key ID
720D3195

for my own message:

gpg: armor header: Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
gpg: Signature made Thu Oct 10 16:51:28 2002 CDT using DSA key ID
DD740AED

It seems from the former that the problem is not having other people's
public keys in my keyring (though shouldn't the entire public key be on
the signature?), but that doesn't explain why the problem occurs with my
own digital signature..

As always, thanks in advance for any help!

-Justin