Re: Current Exploits

ellipses said:

> Does the lpd packaged with with 3.0r0 currently have any know exploits?
>
> Also, dies the statd, portmap, and other rpc services suffer such
> things..

I don't believe there are any current known exploits for the most
recent versions of these packages. I still would not run any of them
on an untrusted network without a firewall though.

> Also, What's the bare minumum I need to run and nfs share, say for FAI or
> something?

3 packages:

nfs-kernel-server & nfs-common & portmap
or

nfs-user-server & nfs-common & portmap

nfs-kernel-server is generally better then nfs-user-server(more up to
date, better maintained..). But nfs-user-server may be good in some
circumstances too. there may be a couple other dependencies which
should be caught and installed if you use apt-get to install the
packages.

nate