Re: Non-english characters in mutt (was: Locale and date/time settings)

* Bob Nielsen <nielsen@oz.net> [07-10-2002 22:57]:
> Along this same line, is there a locale setting which would allow mutt
> to display non-English characters?  Now they all show up as "?".

Nice way of putting that, non-English, but I guess you want to
display umlauts, circumflexes etc.

Use locale (1) to check your setting. I had to change it from POSIX
to en_US. Ofcourse you will need to generate this locale on your
system if needed (dpkg-reconfigure locales)

I see that I have commented out from my .muttrc (I started with the
Debian sample) the line that contains the charset definition. In my
case mutt falls back to a nice default.

Bob