Re: Saving files using CD-RW drive?

On Sun, Sep 15, 2002 at 01:10:32PM -0400, Victor Torrico wrote:
| Is it possible to use in Debian some software to save files to CD-RW
| media similarly to the way files are saved to a floppy disk?  In Ugh!
| Windows I use Direct CD by Roxio and it works fine.
|
| My CD-RW drive works fine copying CDs using Xcdroast in linux.
|
| Any "how to do it" advice appreciated.
|
| Victor

There's an earlier posting on this ML - about a month ago - talking
about UDF. It's a development being undertaken in the 2.5 series
kernels, and should be fully operational once 2.6 comes out. I believe
there is also a patch available for 2.4, but it's not very reliable.

To answer your questions precisely, it is not possible at the moment to
use your CD-RW media as a filesystem.

-Andy