Re: ps2pdf problems

Mike Fontenot <mlfasf@attbi.com> wrote:

|> I just used ps2pdf to convert a postscript file that had been
|> produced by groff, and which contained equations via eqn.  It did a
|> good job except for two problems:

The website of the National Science Foundation used to contain a nice
section detailing how to get the best PDF output in converting from PS
files. Their recommendations were to use no earlier a version of
ghostscript than version 6 (because those earlier versions did not
do font embedding) and to use these options with ps2pdf:

ps2pdf -dMaxSubsetPct=100 -dCompatibilityLevel=1.2 -dSubsetFonts=true -dEmbedAllFonts=true

I built these in to a little shell-script which has worked well for me

Jim