Re: Dibian on Gigabyte GA-7VRXP motherboard.

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 11:17:32PM +0200, pCarlo    wrote:
> I got a PC with a Gigabyte GA-7VRXP motherboard ( with AMD Athlon
> Xp processor), and I would know if Debian distribution will
> support this type of new motherboard (kt333).

I use another kt333 motherboard. I had to switch kernels and while
at it compiled one for my specific configuration.

In general kt333 will work, but getting the southbridge to work
somewhere near it's advertised performance you will at least need a
2.4.19 kernel.

By the way my mainboard is a Soltek SL-75DRV5. Maybe you can compare
specs with your mainboard to get an indication of what to expect
based on my experience.

Bob