Re: Shutting postgres up

On Fri, 2002-09-13 at 18:17, Dave Sherohman wrote:
> > Or tell postgresql not to report so much (again in
> > /etc/postgresql/postgresql.conf); see the docs: Administrator's Guide,
> > section 3.4.2.
>
> You must mean something other than setting "debug_level = 0", because
> that doesn't suppress these messages (despite them all being prefaced
> with "DEBUG:").

Hmm.  That should have worked, provided that you told the postmaster to
reload its configuration.

What particular messages are you seeing and what does you
postgresql.conf look like?

Isle of Wight, UK
http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver
     "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are
      your ways my ways, saith the LORD. For as the heavens
      are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than
      your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts."
                               Isaiah 55:8,9