Re: Ongoing saga of upgrading my old Woody

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 15:07:59 -0400 (EDT) David Teague <dbt@cs.wcu.edu>
wrote:

> I haver read the documents, the help files, the man pages with zero
> results. I have asked on the list and got some answers that appear to
> have got me some place, but NOT FIXED.
>
> Now will someone PLEASE help me? I have asked before about this before.

Nope, no one will help you.  All the people that have provided advice so
far appear to have not been seen as helping. =)

Now, I'm no expert at either apt or dpkg, but what do the following
commands return on that box?

ls -l /var/lib/apt
ls -l /var/lib/apt/lists
ls -l /var/lib/dpkg