The problem for installing package

Title: The problem for installing package

Hi,

    I tried to use apt tool to install/update the package, but I always get the following problem. Could you please help me fix the following if you know.

debian12:/etc/apt# apt-get install tcl8.2
Reading Package Lists... Error!
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room
E: Error occured while processing shx (NewVersion1)
E: Problem with MergeList /var/state/apt/lists/http.us.debian.org_debian_dists_stable_main_binary-i386_Packages
E: msync
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Thank you a lot,
Jenny Yang