Re: hde: lost interrupt + clicking sound = harddisk failing?

It is a Maxtor 7200 rpm 13G hd if that help you further. thanx. I open
up my computer case and have my big fan blow right at it.  The problem
seems to have disappear.

BTW, I used to use this harddisk on a board that only supported 33MHz
ATAPI and there were problems with it saying it was not ready only when
there were a lot of disk access (if I recall correctly).  And when I
disabled the DMA feature, the problems seemed to go away.  But once I
upgraded to a this board (which support 66MHz).  Same thing happened if
I didn't disabled the DMA feature.  Once I disable it, it was ok for a
long while, up until recently.  Maybe is the weather? =) don't know...

Edwin Lau