Re: KDE hangs when starting up.

Joe Hendrix wrote:

Recently KDE will hang on the gears icon when starting up, and I failsafe mode will hang as well. I don't belive I've installed any new software, other than updating packages to the latest version (I'm using testing). How do I go about diagnosing where the problem lies?

Thanks,
Joe Hendrix

First thing I'd do is rename all the KDE files/directory in my home directory (.kde, .kderc, etc) and then start KDE and see what happens. Then I'd go from there.

Kent