Re: Debian with Windows XP

on Wed, 28 Aug 2002 11:03:55AM -0700, David Wright insinuated:
> > I use Windows XP, but I want Debian on my computer too.  Is that
> > possible?
>
> Yes. You will need to either partition your hard disk or use two
> different hard disks. Then just be sure to tell the Windows
> installer to install to use one disk or partition, and the Debian
> (or Red Hat or whatever) installer to use the other.
>
> If you are not experienced in these things, best to get an
> experienced friend to hold your hand, if at all possible.

or use vmware -- expensive, but a good way to have multiple OSs and be
able to break one as much as you want before committing to it.  also
obviates the need to partition or use two different hard disks.

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu
    /V\  http://www.sccs.swarthmore.edu/~nori/jnl/daily.html