Re: NFS installation!!!!

On Wed, Aug 28, 2002 at 12:32:39PM +0300, Amir Tal wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 August 2002 12:11, somu wrote:
> > Hi Friends,
> >
> >    I am a newbie to debian. I had installed debian only from
> > CD-Rom's.I would like to know how to perform a NFS installation of
> > Debian. Can anybody give some pointers on that? I couldn't find a
> > good documentation about the same.
> >
> > Thanx in advance
> > Somu
>
> do you have the install images\files on a remote machine, exported via NFS ?
> read the NFS howto in order to understand how to export the install directory
> from the server and how to mount it on the client.
>
> the nfs howto : http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/NFS-HOWTO/

In addition, IIRC the installation software will suggest an NFS
option only after you have configure the network (don't remember
how exactly the installation software names this entry). There fore,
from memory, you will:
1. Start as for any other installation method (configure the kbd,
   ... install the kernel).
2. Include the modules for your NIC, unless your kernel has it by
   default.
3. Configure your network, or whatever this is called.
4. Now the installation software should suggest an NFS method as
   well for installing some more software (base if I remember
   correctly).