Re: Help with hdparm

chainy <chainy@infonegocio.com> [2002-08-27 14:35:38 +0200]:
> On Tuesday 27 August 2002 09:49, Bob Proulx wrote:
> > I have an FIC SD11 as well but with an Athlon 950 MHz.  I am running a
> > 2.4.18 kernel.  DMA is enabled by default in the kernel for me.
> > (Which I remember as needing to turn on with previous kernels.)  I
> > have a Maxtor ATA/100 capable 60GB 7200 rpm currently installed and
> > these are my results.
>
> Thanks for the advice and experience, yours are some wonderful
> results, would you mind to tell me how did you configure your
> hdparm?

No configuration at all.  Completely a stock install.  I only ran the
tests and reported the results because you and I had the same
motherboard.  DMA is on by default for me with the 2.4 kernel.  (I
lost a disk drive in this box a few weeks ago and this is a stable +
security updates installation from one week ago.)

> I wanted to ask you what kind of bus are you using, because i am getting the
> same results with the old 40 wires wide and the 80 wires.

I am using the dense 80 wire ATA/100 capable cable on a ATA/100
capable Maxtor 60 GB hard drive.

Bob