Re: WINE: MS OFFICE 2000 loads upto the office assiatant appearance

On Monday 26 August 2002 07:30, Irvin Temp wrote:
> I installed amd configured wine, from the latest of
> woody...Then installed MS Office 2k, but when the user
> does a wine ./wine/c/blahblah/WINWORD.EXE, it loads to
> upto the Offie assistant appearnce then it hangs...
The 'commercial' wine, called Crossover Office, is specifically tuned to run
Office, but even this version has problems with the assistant 2000. This is
why Codeweavers suggest to turn it off. So, IMO there are no chances for wine
(which is less sophisticated) to run it correctly. Unfortunately I do not
know how to disable it if you cannot load succesfully at least once, I think
you should ask to an Office list. :)

Kind Regards,
Andrea Negro

--