Re: arrg.. can't build a deb-package from gdm2 sources

On Sun, 2002-08-25 at 08:29, Roman Joost wrote:
> Its a bit of confusing because the debian/rules file has 755 permissions:
>
> -rwxr-xr-x    1 roman    roman        2820 2002-08-25 15:21 debian/rules
>
> After i run:
> dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
> dpkg-buildpackage: source package is gdm2
> dpkg-buildpackage: source version is 2.4.0.7-1
> dpkg-buildpackage: source maintainer is Bastien Nocera <hadess@hadess.net>
> dpkg-buildpackage: host architecture is i386
>  debian/rules clean
> /usr/bin/dpkg-buildpackage: debian/rules: /usr/bin/make: bad interpreter: Keine Berechtigung
>
> What do i wrong? I looked at some other mailinglists and used google, but can't
> find a solution of this problem. It can't be a permission problem, because i can
> run make as well. I tried with root-previliges and the same error occured.

For starters, you should be running dpkg-buildpackage with the -b option
as well to specify a binary-only build. There is the possibility that
that is the problem. As for the error that you're getting, it sounds
like you have a script with no interpreter specified. i.e. #!/bin/sh

You may want to check to make sure that /usr/bin/make isn't just a
wrapper script and/or that debian/rules has an interpreter specified at
the top.

While we're on the subject, be advised that the version of gdm2 you're
working with right now depends on libgtk2.0-0 which is no longer in Sid.
(I'm assuming that you're running Sid since you're using Gnome 2.) As
long as you don't plan on updating anytime soon it'll work fine, but if
you do plan on updating (or have recently updated) it may not work for
you. Good luck.

-Alex