downgrade a package wich is needed by others

Hi

I did a little mistake... I recently had unstable in my sources list to
install some specific packages from unstable. Unfortunatly i forgot to
comment the unstable line in the sources list out when i installed libfam0
and i had then the version installed suplied with unstable. So far so good
but now it turned out that i need exaclty the version wich is supplied with
woody. I don't have unstable in my sources.list anymore but i can't get it
downgraded. Itried

apt-get --reinstall install libfam0

but apt-get refuses to do that because the version is lower (ahh really? :-)))
). So i tried to remove it

apt-get remove libfam0

but apt then wants also uninstall tonns of other packs wich depend on
libfam0... thats not what i want...

Is there a way to do that cleanly?

cheers,
Raffaele