(OT) Best way to resolve a hosts IP address

Hi
Sorry this is a simple question and i thought it would be easyer to post
it here that extra search a adequate perl mailing list.

I need a safe way to get a hosts IP Address in a Perl script. I tried it
with the NetAddr::IP module and got fair results but on some machienes it
returned 192.168.1.1 on hosts wich had another ip.
All the hosts are in the same subnet so it has not to be a complicated
thing a function like gethostip() would be cool.

cheers,
Raffaele

http://www.gmx.net