Re: [Semi-OT]: Win4Lin

On  0, Deryk Barker <dbarker@turing.cs.camosun.bc.ca> wrote:
> All of which leads one to ask: just what does one really need VMWare
> for?

I worked at one organisation where management insisted that everyone
use ICQ to keep in touch.  Of course, it was a small
corporate-wannabe, so *ordinary* ICQ was not good enough, we had to
have ICQ-Corporate.  Which uses an incompatible protocol and has no
linux client...

So we all got spanking upgrades so we could keep NT4 in a VMWare, so
we could run ICQ-Corporate which none of us ever actually *watched*
anyway.

As someone pointed out on another thread, money != good thinking.

Tom
--
Tom Cook

"Intellectual freedom is not the freedom to believe anything, but the freedom to believe only the truth."
	- Dr. John Stott

Get my GPG public key: https://pinky.its.adelaide.edu.au/~tkcook/tom.cook-at-adelaide.edu.au