Re: domain name

Wed, 2002-08-14 at 08:28, bytor1@telia.com wrote:
> I have set up a LAN at home and given it a domain name of bytor.org.  I
> am wanting to change this.  How do I go about doing this without having
> to go through the whole installation process again.
> Thanks for the help
> Clyde

I will start by saying: under very few circumstances should you ever
need to reinstall.

Change the files /etc/hostname and /etc/hosts to reflect the correct
domain. You may also, depending on your setup, need to change the search
option in /etc/resolv.conf

the command hostname -s should then show your hostname, and hostname -f
should show the fqdn

-Mark