Re: Intel845 and X

On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 03:13:17PM +0300, Johan Ehnberg wrote:

   > I think you'd get help easier/quicker if you tell a bit more about your
   > problem, like "higher resolutions look like garble on my screen" or "the
   > X server doesn't start with higher resolutions than 800x600".

The only problem is what I have stated. The screen is not garbled, etc.
The max. resolution that I get is 800x600.

   > Try running 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86'. Choosing "Advanced"
   > as config option gives you maximum control. The xserver always
   > tries to use the highest resolution specified in the config, so
   > make sure you check the boxes with higher resolutions than 800x600.

Have done all of that.

   > Also make sure the amount of video RAM is specified correctly
   > (usually just leave it blank). Check the X log for detected video
   > RAM. The maximum resolution possible depends on how much memory you
   > have and how many bpp you use.

Ditto.

   > Btw.: I wonder if there is a better server for your card. I tried
   > www.xfree86.org but it might be down at the moment, as I got a forbidden
   > error...

I think I will try the 4.2. Are there any problems with the dependencies
if I want install 4.2 debs on a purely woody machine?

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.

Everyone is in the best seat.