Re: PAM (Debian-pam)

* louie miranda (louie@chikka.com) [020809 01:04]:
> Im planning to remove my pam, because i want to install the Linux-pam (src)
> distro.
> Because i want to compile my openssh(src) with pam support. I want to do
> this
> because openssh does not see the pam lib (It has error during configure)
> *ill try to hack the makefile
> maybe l8r*, well..

You needn't remove the pam packages already on your system to compile
ssh.  Just install the libpam-dev package and you should be able to
compile your ssh.  Of course, debian's ssh includes pam support, so I'm
not sure what problem you're running into.  It seems to me that
attempting to remove your pam packages is certainly a good first step on
the road to completely hosing your system, unless you are very careful
about how you proceed.

good times,
Vineet
--