Re: ssh console messed after exiting VIM

* bill07@shaw.ca (bill07@shaw.ca) [020807 15:06]:
> Hello,
>
> After I log in to a machine via ssh and finish editing a file the
> cursor goes to the top of the screen instead of the bottom.  If there
> is text at the top then the cursor gets buried and I have to type
> clear to do anything.  This started after the upgrade to woody.
>
> Any ideas on how to fix this.  Is there a type of terminal setting
> somewhere?

This sounds like a terminal issue.  Is this done from a linux console,
or an xterm, or what?  What is the server running?  Debian?

Unfortunately, I don't fully understand all the terminal mumbo-jumbo
either, but answering these questions should hopefully help someone with
more clue better identify your problem.

good times,
Vineet
--