Re: OT: laser printers

On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 02:57:17PM -0400, Jason Stechschulte wrote:
[ snip: Inexpensive printer for use with Debian? ]

> HP LaserJet 1000

This one definitely won't work, since it's a host-based printer and the
only driver is for windows.  I may eventually write a Linux driver, if I
can get sufficient information on it through my wife.  (She was on the
design team.)  HP has been rather uncooperative, though:  They refused to
sign an NDA that would have gotten them a Linux driver for free.  (From
someone more competent that me, too.)

Jon Leonard