Re: Installing windows in a machine that runs Debian

Matthew Daubenspeck wrote:

On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 10:26:12AM -0300, Francisco Fialho wrote:
Guys,

Due to work, I will have to install windows in my machine.

I run Debian 3.0 woody in a 10 Gb IDE disc.
I wish to use 5 gb for Windows NT and 5 for Debian without
having to format the hole disc and loose all my work.
I'll be using Partition Magic to partitionate the disc.

I intend to install Windows NT at the beginning of the disc
and move swap and Debian partition to the remaining disc.

Is this possible?! How will boot workout?!

Can any one help me?!

I have grub doing this very thing. Linux standard and swap are the
first two partitions, and Win2k takes the last...

How do you want to set your drive up?

I use Lilo as boot manager.
Some people told me that windows should be the
fisrt OS of the disc, but if you are saying that you
use Linux first and windows for the rest... it fits
me!

If I could maintain my swap and Linux at the first
half of the disc and use the remaining with Win NT
it would be great.

How can I setup my lilo.conf for dual boot in that case?!

cheers

Francisco