Re: gimp file open (ez question, I am sure)

On Sat, Jul 27, 2002 at 03:02:43PM -0400, Jeff Maxson wrote:

> easy one here: I'd like to open more than one file at a time in GIMP
> (running version 1.0.4 out of sid). Holding control or shift down and
> clicking doesn't do anything except highlight the most recent file
> clicked on.  Typing *.jpg in the "open" window does not work either,
> as the thing says "*.jpg not found" or something.
>
> I just read a FAQ on the web, and it said holding down shift and
> dragging should work, but like I said, it didn't seem to.  I couldn't
> find it in the manual either (I guess I didn't look hard enough.)
> A basic thing, but it doesn't seem to work.
>
> This has got to be something obvious, so please be kind. :)

If you're using sid, you probably want version 1.2.3, not some three
year old version.

Multiple's work with Shift- or Ctrl-Click, *.jpg won't work from the
file browser dialog (though it'd work when launching GIMP from the
shell).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2@jps.net>