Broken symlinks [was Re: Kernel panic. No init found]

At 02:08 25/07/02 +0100, Oliver Elphick wrote:
I see nothing below to change my opinion!  I admire your ...
persistence.

Thank you for your polite turn of phrase. This one refuses to give up! Your mention of /etc/X11/X being a symlink: on ls -l this too is broken. Again you've come up trumps on the affected files. You must know the system's intestines quite well! I'm having trouble identifying where it should point. Is it -> /usr/bin/X11/XFree86?

Also, /usr/bin/X11 is broken. Could you please tell me where this is supposed to point?

filesystem itself, or damage to the /dev directory at least.  Does "ls
-l /dev" show sensible results?

Yes. However I'm not sure /dev/ttyeb is important. I'll persist on the X aspect for now.

Don't assume it is only links that are broken.

OK.

> /bin/more: -rwxr-xr-x: command not found

Do you have any idea of the context of that?

Sorry but I'm not sure what you're asking.

Thanks again.

Tim