Re: No IRQ known for ...

Colin,

On 24.07.2002 17:40 Colin Watson wrote:
On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 03:39:21PM -0300, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> where it is shown that pin A was routed to IRQ 0 by the driver. So,
> think that I can ingnore the kernel message. I am right?

IRQ 0 usually means that interrupt routing failed, so probably not.

How can I set the correct IRQ for it then?
In another message you ask about ACPI; some machines, particularly
newer
laptops (but possibly others as well, I'm not sure) use ACPI to
perform
interrupt routing. I recommend getting 2.4.18 and applying the latest
patches from <http://sourceforge.net/projects/acpi/>.

I asked in the hope ACPI could set the correct IRQ for the device because after googled a bit I found that the ACPI support in kernel 2.4.18 is not so good. I am using an Athlon 1.4 CPU. Perhaps following your suggestion things become fixed.

Thank you!

Regards,

Marcelo
--