Re: OT: Flamebait: Text vs HTML email

<quote who="martin f krafft">

> Nate, I, as the long-term hater of capital letters and love of the
> lowercase way of life, I am turning towards proper capitalization. And
> while a strong influence of the complexity of the German vernacular still
> shows in my command over the English grammar, I try to stick to the
> common rules and be readable. I think it does help...

i tend to be both ways.. sometimes i use capital letters properly
sometimes i don't ..sometimes i get a mixture, its really weird.

I usually avoid caps purely for speed purposes i guess. i don't
think its hard to read. certainly much easier(IMO) then
COMPOSING AN EMAIL OF ENTIRELY CAPITAL LETTERS.

its still feels funny when i have to explain to a user to not
send email with the CAPS LOCK ON. they usually can't comprehend
why people think it is YELLING. my old boss used to alwyas send
emails in CAPS LOCK. scared the hell out of me, even if he
was complimenting me on something. the people at the company
had to use a AIX/terminal based system that only accepted
input in ALL CAPS so when they went back to email they
just kept the caps lock on.

nate