Re: NOSQL

I found this message while searching to find out why NOSQL didn't
appear to be a package in woody.

I use nosql because it integrates well with the shell using the
stream/operator processing method.

The first project I used NOSQL for was to write an accounting system
using text based journals. I started the project in mid November 1999,
in preparation for Y2K problems I had identified in my propriety
accounting package. The package was operational by Thanksgiving, and I
have been using it since December, 1999. Only had to fix two small
bugs since then. I credit NOSQL with the ease of development.

Because the NOSQL system uses text tables and is so closely itegrated
into the shell, debugging and testing is easy. Custom reports are easy
to generate using perl and bash as well as the built in awk support of
NOSQL.

Bill Alexander