Re: directPC vs Starband (slightly off topic)

On Tue, Jul 23, 2002 at 11:01:27AM -0400, David Teague wrote:
> load. Of course, if satellite ISP is like I'm told Hughs had it upload is
> by phone -- unless the purchase was the right direction. One outfit had 2
> way satellite ISP.

the service from directTV is bi-directional... no fone connection.  they
call it directway. ... directway.com  the one directional systems are
old hat now.  a friend of mine bought it but they could not install cuz
he had no fone... you need a fone for the installation.  the setup
works.  usual heavy weather problems associated with lil dishes.

do a google on directway. and keep us posted.

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN     (r/h 7.3 krud; debian testing)
PO Box 520         .~.          Ramah,  NM  87321