Re: Pinning unstable

Hi,

> Check out the APT HOWTO (available as a package, in one of several
> languages) and the man page for apt_preferences (section 5).

> Be warned, though, that in my experience, these documents aren't as
> complete as I would really like.  I think this is largely because
> package pinning is still a relatively new feature, and people are
> still kind of learning how it works, with all of the consequences
> that aren't immediately obvious.

Thanks - I had your reply and an email to this effect so I gave it a try but I could make no headway, and got into such a knot that I almost ended up going from woody to sarge by accident. I think this is something that can wait until I have upgraded my general knowledge, then I will come back to it.

Keith.