problem with KMail and attachments under Gnome

 Hi All,
  I'm using KMail under a Gnome environment as my mail program. But it
doesn't seem to handle attachements all that well. If I run it under KDE, I
can right click on attachments and have a variety of options, such as save
it, open it, etc. But under Gnome I normally only get "Open URL" and "Copy to
Clipboard". And opening the URL opens the browser at the url "part://2".
  I thought that running klipper fixed it, but that doesn't seem to fix it
anymore. It worked properly under gnome for one try after I had run kde and
run it, but then it stopped working again.

  Does anyone know what is going wrong?

  Cheers
  Geoff Crompton