Re: cyrus21: could not find auxprop plugin, was searching for '[all]'

On Mon, 22 Jul 2002, Erik Steffl wrote:
>   after dist-upgrade (debian unstable) today I cannot connect to imap

You are using unstable, you must learn to leave your childhood's tools, and
grow up to new tools.

Switch to something that tells you about all changes to the archive. dselect
or aptitude.  You probably also want apt-listchanges.

> what's going on? which plugins are they talking about and where would
> they be?

Hmm... I suggest you read a bit about SASL, just in case you ever need to
track down problems like this one. SASL modules are the mechs that do
authentication, and auxprop tells SASL to use them.

>   I'd appreciate if you'd cc me (esteffl@yahoo.com) as I cannot read my
> email (I'll check the archives so you don't have to cc me)

Ok.

libsasl2-modules - Pluggable Authentication Modules for SASL
libsasl2-modules-gssapi-heimdal - Pluggable Authentication Modules for SASL

Install the ones you need. You probably want libsasl2-modules.

  Henrique Holschuh