Re: /usr/bin/id3

> | is there a /usr/bin/id3 equivalent to editing the comments in Ogg
> | Vorbis files? /usr/bin/vorbiscomment is a pain in the rear to be used
> | in scripts!
>
> How is vorbiscomment such a pain?  It seems rather convenient to me.
> Just echo the data on it's stdin (name=value pairs) or specify the
> same name=value pairs with the -t argument.

I think I had the same problem as Martin when I wrote my rip-encode
bash-script for ogg's. When I tried to use the -t argument in a script it
behaved very strang. It seemed like the command-line got parsed incorrectly.

If I let the script echo the vorbiscomment commandline instead of running it,
and then ran it manually, the line worked. I didn't report it since I wasn't
sure if it was a bug or some bash-feature I didn't understand.

I then changed my script to generate a file and run a line like:

vorbiscomment -a $oggfile -c $tagfile

that worked.

br,
lillehenke

PS. Sorry if somebody has already said this, I only subscribe to the digest.