Re: Am I really an Open Relay?

> > I would assume that you are or at least need to
> > check.
> >
> > Can you start by telling us which MTA you are
> > using (exim, sendmail, etc.) and a brief description
> > of what you need your Debian box to do with regard
> > to sending and receiving mail.
>
> Sorry; thought it would've been obvious. I'm using exim.

The fact that you posted parts of your exim.conf file made it
obvious to me... :-)

> Basically I use my box as a workstation. I use Mozilla
> Mail to do most of my mail, using IMAP to the university's
> mail server (mail.acu.edu). I also have exim running for
> the intercommunication processes (tripwire reports that
> get sent to the admin (me), etc). I think I originally
selected
> option 2 during the eximconfig phase of my Debian
> installation which I believe was to use a smarthost for
mail;
> perhaps I should change it to local delivery only?

That would certainly be the simplest and quickest "fix". You
don't need smarthost configured since you're using Mozilla for
mail, which has it's own internal SMTP mechanism.

Then you need someone to actually test it from the outside for
you... I don't know if ORDB has a way of checking a mail
server for you, although it would make sense if they did.