problem with printer balancing queue

Hello,
I'm trying to setup a printer queue with load balancing and multiple
copies, but I'm unable to make it work (I have followed the instructions
found in LPRNG-Howto). I'm using potato with LPRNG upgraded to version
3.8.12-5 (from woody).

Load balancing works fine if I only request a copy. If I "lpr -Pmaestra
-K3 somejob" I get "Fatal error - Maximum of 1 copies allowed". If I
print directly to a slave printer (-Pesclava1 or -Pesclava2) I works
fine.

What I'm missing?

/etc/princap is as follows:

maestra:\