Re: A big thanks to all Debian developers.

Osamu Aoki wrote:
> Welcome :)
>
> On Sun, Jul 14, 2002 at 07:12:28PM -0400, dsr@tao.merseine.nu wrote:
>
> Wow, you started with Hamm.

Yeah. I remember installing it on a ThinkPad shortly after release and
deciding that this Debian thing was clearly ready for prime time.

> > A few more "apt-get -f install"s, and I rebooted again into a 2.4
> > kernel. Finally, I added the software I needed, configured X (AGP and
> > PCI Matrox Millenium 200 cards, Xinerama) and was done.
>
> Did you use adrian's 2.4 package?  Otherwise 2.4 id off limit to potato,
> I thought.

I used no special packages at any time; I did have to order things
properly to get from 2.0 to 2.2 to 2.4. As I said, modutils and
initrd-tools clashed sufficiently that I couldn't move directly from 2.0
to 2.4.

> Time to move to testing.  (Or you already did?)

Already did. Testing has been on my work laptop since a few weeks after
it started.

-dsr-