Re: (Debian) Opera browser

<quote who="Brian Swale">
> Hi,
>
> Anybody have useful experience of Opera for Debian?
>
> www.opera.com
>
> I prefer Opera in the Windows environment as it's so fast and scalable.
> Is  Opera for Debian like that?

i like it. i use opera on debian and solaris, it works pretty
good. I would reccomend it. Mozilla has recently gotten good
too, however when it crashes(which seems to be at least once
a day for me), I lose everything, whereas opera at least gives
me the option to load up where i was before, even if it means
more of a pain. though opera is less stable then mozilla on
debian woody for me. opera used to be much more solid, i am
thinking glibc upgrades or something are affecting it.

opera still has some trouble with SSL, most of my crashes
for some reason involve SSL sites(and are random, Its
very difficult to reproduce them).

the one thing i like most about mozilla is that it's easy
to change the color of the text and background, i change
the background to black and override the websites settings,
and change the text to grey. at night i like to browse
with the lights off so that means i need dark colors otherwise
it hurts my eyes. in opera i'd have to come up with a CSS
file to do that, not something im interested in doing.

nate